Here is some essential news for anyone who cares about their dental health: gum disease is a principal cause of tooth loss among adults. There is also evidence that it is connected to heart disease. Fortunately, gum disease is treatable at Hammond Aesthetic and General Dentistry in Provo.
What warning signs should you be looking for?
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- Your bite changes or your teeth suddenly don’t seem to fit together
- Gums that are pulling away from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
We hope you are not suffering from any of these. If you are not removing plaque between your teeth, however, your gums are at risk. Brushing alone is not adequate—make sure you floss daily.
Regular check-ups are another critical weapon in the fight against gum disease.
At Hammond Aesthetic & General Dentistry in Provo, we take pride in caring for our patients and want them to have healthy and pleasing smiles. Services include family dentistry, and specialties like dental implants. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Hammond Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):