At Hammond Aesthetic and General Dentistry in Provo, we are committed to the the dental health of each and every one of our patients. We also share as much information as possible. With that in mind, here are some things about teeth that you may not have known.
- Children’s teeth are soft until about age 10.
- A tooth with a crown can get a cavity.
- Your gum tissue is as vital as your teeth.
- Some prescription drugs can increase your risk of dental caries.
- Some home faucet water filters remove fluoride.
- 19 percent of children between the ages of 2 and 19 have untreated tooth decay.
- Heartburn can be bad for teeth.
- Allergies can cause tooth grinding.
- Dried fruit is just as bad for teeth as sticky candy.
- Tooth enamel cannot repair itself though dentin and cementum (the substance that surrounds the tooth root) are capable of partial regeneration.
- A Harvard-led team recently used low-powered lasers to activate stem cells and stimulate the growth of teeth in rats and human dental tissue in a lab.
- There are about 300 types of bacteria in your mouth.
- Chewing sugarless gum after meals can help remove food particles on your teeth. You still need to brush, but if you can’t brush immediately after meals, sugarless gum can help keep your teeth clean.
- Cavities often don’t cause pain until they have reached the root and nerve of the tooth. Visit your dentist regularly to prevent cavities or at least to detect them when they are small.
- Bone recession can cause tooth loss even if no decay is present.
At Hammond Aesthetic & General Dentistry in Provo, we provide a wide range of services. That includes dental implants, clear braces from Invisalign, and porcelain veneers. For those patients coping with dental anxiety, we also offer sedation dentistry. Make an appointment with us today.
Contact Hammond Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
3575 N 100 E Ste 200